Projects and Development India
Projects and Development India Limited (PDIL) is a PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) in India. It is a premier design engineering and consultancy organization, committed towards technological excellence and self-reliance in the growth of the fertilizer and allied chemical industries with associated off site and utility facilities, Oil & Gas Sector viz. Product pipelines, LPG Terminals, Oil terminals, LPG Bottling Plants, LPG mounded Storages, Methanol Plants, Hydrogen Plants and various acid Plants.
Additional recommended knowledge
PDIL is backed up with the strength of engineers specialized in various disciplines of engineering and latest computer aided design facilities at Noida (near New Delhi) and Baroda (Gujarat).
PDIL is an ISO 9001:2000 company. PDIL ensures that quality of its services, which span from concept to commissioning of engineering projects, fully meets the requirements of customers including timely completion. Its services take care of functional, aesthetic, statutory and regulatory requirements besides environmental and safety aspects of the projects with added consideration for the welfare of the society.
Products and Services
- Pre-Project Activities
- Market research
- Techno-Economic Feasibility Reports
- Detailed Project Report
- Site Selection
- Geo Technical Investigation/Studies
- Pre-Engineering Activities
- Assistance in Statutory Clearances
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Risk Analysis
- Project Management Consultancy Services
- Technology Evaluation
- Selection of Process Licensor
- Check & review of Vendor Drawings
- Inspection/ Expediting
- Scheduling , Monitoring & Cost Control
- Supervision of construction & Erection
- Pre-commissioning & Commissioning
- Witness & evaluate Guarantee Tests
- Statutory Clearances / Approvals
- Selection of Engineering/ Turnkey Contractor
- Review of Basic Design Package
- Review / Approval of Detailed Engineering Document
- Ensuring Conformity of Equipment Supplied to Approved specifications
- Engineering Services
- Process Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Process evaluation
- Pipeline survey
- Quality Assurance Services
- Third Party Inspection of Equipment & Machinery including static equipment, site fabricated equipment, Rotary equipment (Pumps, Compressors, Blowers), Structurals, refractory Materials, Material handling equipment, Pipes & pipe - fittings etc.
- Third Party Inspection of Electrical equipments including Alternators, power transformers, Current Transformers, HT Switchgear, Motor Control Centres, HT & LT Motors, Diesel Generators, Cables, AC/ DC Distribution boards Lighting Fixtires, Flameproof / Increased Safety Electrical Equipment etc.
- Third Party Inspection of Instruments including Distributed Digital Control System Pneumatic & Electronic Transmitter/ Transducers, Receiver Instruments, control & Safety Valves, Programmable/ Solid State Logic system, Gas and Liquid Analyser Including Chromotograph, Primarey Instruments, Instrument Fittings & Accessories
- Work Assessment & Evaluation of Vendors
- Non Destructive Testing
- Health Study
- Other Specialised Services
- Cathodic Protection
- Environmental Engineering
- Safety Audit
- Energy Audit
- Revamp / Retrofit
- Fire Protection System
- ODC Transportation: Backed by a competent taskforce with decades of experience, PDIL is a leading agency in the area of transportation management for movement of overdimensional and heavy consignments. In addition to providing expert services on studies for selection of transportation mode and route surveys, PDIL also offers services for the transportation of lenghty consignments in its own 224/209 Te BG special wagon on turnkey or hire basis.
- PDIL manufactures and supplies a wide range of proven catalysts developed entirely on its own technical know-how. These catalysts are performing excellently in almost all fertiliser plants in India. PDIL catalysts have also been exported to European and Middle Eastern Countries.
- Catalysts Manufactured by PDIL: These include Primary Gas reforming Catalyst, Secondary Gas reforming Catalyst, High Temperature CO Shift conversion catalyst, Low Temperature CO Shift conversion catalyst, Methanation catalyst, Super Methanation catalyst, Hydro- Desulphurisation catalyst, Desulphurisation catalyst(ZnO), Denox Catalyst and Sulphuric Acid Catalyst. For more details, visit PDIL Website.
Landmarks in the history of PDIL
- In 1951, PDIL was established as a Technology wing of Fertilizer Corporation of India Limited, with an objective to obtain Technological Self reliance.
- In 1961, PDIL's activities were enlarged and it became P&D, Planning & Development Division of FCI Ltd.
- In 1978, FCI & NFL group of companies were reorganized and P&D Division of FCI Ltd. became Independent Public Sector Undertaking called Fertiliser (Planning & Development) India Limited (FPDIL).
- In 1981, FPDIL became Projects & Development India Limited (PDIL) with an objective to diversify in the areas beyond fertilizer & chemicals
- At present, India is ranked fourth in the world in terms of installed capacity and consumption of nitrogenous fertilizers, a vital economical input for the agricultural sector. Over two-third of the installed capacity of nitrogenous fertilizers in India is produced in plants, engineered and constructed by PDIL.
- Bharat Petroleum
- GAIL (India) Limited
- ONGC Limited
- Steel Authority of India Limited
- NTPC Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum
- Oil India Limited
- Tata Chemicals
- Nagarjuna Group
- Aditya Birla Group
- Govt. of Delhi
- Vizag Steel
For the complete list of National Clients, visit PDIL Website.
- Burrup Fertilizers
- KOBE Steel Ltd.
- The Syrian Petroleum Company
- Capital Plant Internation Limited, United Kingdom
- Nalin Industries, Malaysia
For the complete list of International Clients, visit PDIL Website.