To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
World LP Gas Association
The World LP Gas Association (WLPGA) is a worldwide industry association which represents the interests of the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) industry globally.
The Association's mission is to:
Additional recommended knowledge
With almost 160 members headquartered in more than 50 countries, the WLPGA represents the interests of private and public companies from the entire LP Gas value chain under one umbrella.
The WLPGA provides a platform for the exchange of best practices, facts and figures among its members. The Association hosts an annual World Forum which brings together an average of 700 delegates, hundreds of visitors and 50 exhibitors to network and share best practice.
The Association regularly organises interactive meetings between technical experts, members and key stakeholders to demonstrate the benefits of LP Gas.
Through partnerships with international bodies like the United Nations and the World Bank, the WLPGA is committed to bringing energy to the poor in developing countries. Together with local LP Gas associations and members it addresses major issues with key stakeholders such as policy-makers.
The WLPGA was officially granted Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council in 1989. Publications such as its Annual Statistical Review have become LP Gas industry references.
The WLPGA has six major programmes, all aimed at enhancing awareness of LP Gas as a clean, all-purpose and efficient source of energy.
* Good Industry Practices Promoting the importance of good safety and business practices in the industry through targeted publications and lobbying activities.
* Communications The Association facilitates information exchange and communication among all LP Gas stakeholders.
* New Market Development The WLPGA identifies new market opportunities for LP Gas, in both rural and urban settings, and supports the growth and development of existing markets.
* International Outreach and Lobbying The Association builds strong relationships with key intergovernmental agencies and business associations through participating on worldwide forums and co-operating on industry reports.
* Global Autogas Industry Network The Global Autogas Industry Network, (GAIN) is a communications and information network particularly dedicated to the global autogas community.
* Global Technology Network GLOTEC supports industry growth through the use of new technologies as well as collecting and disseminating information on the use of new technologies to members.
Annual World Forum
The WLPGA Annual World Forum is the largest LP Gas industry conference / exhibition in the world, and the only which brings together industry players from across the globe. Through the World Forum, the Association provides an opportunity for attendees to share best practice and network with LP Gas industry leaders.
|This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "World_LP_Gas_Association". A list of authors is available in Wikipedia.|