To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
SMC to Increase Sodium Cyanide Prices
14-12-2011: Special Materials Company announced that effective January 1st, 2012 it will increase the price of its sodium cyanide grades to all its customers by $0.20/LB ($0.44/KG). The increase is necessary due to current market conditions driven by the impressive rise of gold prices.
According to SMC officials, “We have always worked very hard to offer our customers products at affordable prices and have already implemented a strategy to diminish the price increase.”
Special Materials Company is relocating immediately its entire inventory of sodium cyanide from a public warehouse to its owned-and-operated facility in Kershaw, SC. In addition, SMC will gain complete control of the security and supply chain management of this hazardous product.
- Special Materials Company
- price increases
- 1Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 2ICIS Top 100 Chemical Companies Unveiled
- 3Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 4New Fluka and Riedel-de Haën Catalog Features Over 1,500 New Products
- 5Vinyl acetate monomer market benefits from shale gas boom
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 8Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 9ICE Closes Acquisition of ChemConnect's Commodity Trading Business
- 10LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- BASF increases prices for Ethanolamines in Europe
- BASF raises prices for 1,6-Hexanediol in Europe
- Oxea Announces Price Increase for Polyols in Asia and Latin America
- LANXESS increases prices for Durethan base resin, film and extrusion grades
- Oxea Announces Price Increases for Intermediates in Europe