To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
SMC to Increase Sodium Cyanide Prices
14-12-2011: Special Materials Company announced that effective January 1st, 2012 it will increase the price of its sodium cyanide grades to all its customers by $0.20/LB ($0.44/KG). The increase is necessary due to current market conditions driven by the impressive rise of gold prices.
According to SMC officials, “We have always worked very hard to offer our customers products at affordable prices and have already implemented a strategy to diminish the price increase.”
Special Materials Company is relocating immediately its entire inventory of sodium cyanide from a public warehouse to its owned-and-operated facility in Kershaw, SC. In addition, SMC will gain complete control of the security and supply chain management of this hazardous product.
- Special Materials Company
- price increases
- 1Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 2New Fluka and Riedel-de Haën Catalog Features Over 1,500 New Products
- 3Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 4Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 5Sustainable fertilizer: Urine and wood ash produce large harvest
- 6Cognis Innovation Award for improved "green" solvent production processes
- 7Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 8Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- 9Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 10New products from BASF for the leather industry: Polyurethane binders for environmentally friendly leather finishes