To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Oxea conducts feasibility study for further plant expansion projects in Bay City, Texas
08-11-2012: Following the capacity increase of its syngas production facility in Bay City, Texas, USA, the chemical company Oxea is in the last stages of completion of a feasibility study of additional downstream plant expansion projects. The project is examining various scenarios to boost the plant’s capacities, as well as the further optimization of Oxea’s product portfolio at the site. The study is scheduled to be completed during the fourth quarter 2012. Oxea’s Bay City plant is a large world-scale facility for oxo chemicals such as oxo-alcohols, carboxylic acids and acetate esters.
“There is a continuously growing demand for oxo chemicals from an increasing number of industries. Oxea’s oxo-alcohols and carboxylic acids, for example, are building blocks for among others phthalate free plasticizers or energy-efficient lubricants for the manufacturing of environment-friendly cooling systems, and are therefore in high demand,” said Miguel Mantas, Executive Board member for Marketing and Sales.
“Thanks to our advanced technology and know-how, Oxea’s highly skilled cross-functional teams are well suited to identify and evaluate potential expansion projects. We have proven many times that we can implement such challenges quickly and cost-effectively,” added Dr. Martina Flöel, spokesperson for Oxea’s Executive Board and, among others, responsible for Global Operations.
- 1ICIS Top 100 Chemical Companies Unveiled
- 2Solvay commissions the largest hydrogen peroxide plant in the world in Thailand
- 3New European director at DuPont Chemicals & Fluoroproducts
- 4Global Report on the Surfactants Market
- 5Vinyl acetate monomer market benefits from shale gas boom
- 6DEKRA: Change in management of Business Unit Industrial
- 7Veolia’s MPPE water treatment unit for Shell Floating LNG plant
- 8SMC to Increase Sodium Cyanide Prices
- 9Univar to Acquire Magnablend
- 10Linde receives engineering contract for ethylene plant from SIBUR in Russia