To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Oxea conducts feasibility study for further plant expansion projects in Bay City, Texas
08-Nov-2012: Following the capacity increase of its syngas production facility in Bay City, Texas, USA, the chemical company Oxea is in the last stages of completion of a feasibility study of additional downstream plant expansion projects. The project is examining various scenarios to boost the plant’s capacities, as well as the further optimization of Oxea’s product portfolio at the site. The study is scheduled to be completed during the fourth quarter 2012. Oxea’s Bay City plant is a large world-scale facility for oxo chemicals such as oxo-alcohols, carboxylic acids and acetate esters.
“There is a continuously growing demand for oxo chemicals from an increasing number of industries. Oxea’s oxo-alcohols and carboxylic acids, for example, are building blocks for among others phthalate free plasticizers or energy-efficient lubricants for the manufacturing of environment-friendly cooling systems, and are therefore in high demand,” said Miguel Mantas, Executive Board member for Marketing and Sales.
“Thanks to our advanced technology and know-how, Oxea’s highly skilled cross-functional teams are well suited to identify and evaluate potential expansion projects. We have proven many times that we can implement such challenges quickly and cost-effectively,” added Dr. Martina Flöel, spokesperson for Oxea’s Executive Board and, among others, responsible for Global Operations.
- 1Gummy bears under antiparticle fire
- 2Merck Obtains US Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich
- 3No consumer health risk from bisphenol A exposure
- 4Nanowire clothing could keep people warm - without heating everything else
- 5Clariant to establish strategic alliance with Beraca getting 30% of its shares of Health & Personal Care Business
- 6Perovskites provide big boost to silicon solar cells, Stanford study finds
- 7Clariant acquires Aerochem AB
- 8REACH 2018 Roadmap
- 9Petrochemical companies show confidence in the Port of Antwerp with billion-dollar investments
- 10BASF plans worldwide expansion of PVP production
- New Filter Technology – Uses Inert Gas to Bore Holes in High-Quality Steel
- A Toxic-Free Alternative: Rigorous Assay of Chloride and Sulfate in Adenosine
- Bayer: Employees to share in the company's success with total bonuses of ove ...
- Development of printed light-emitting diodes successfully concluded
- "Singing" paint
- ORNL researchers tune friction in ionic solids at the nanoscale
- Researchers produce two bio-fuels from a single algae
- Celanese Corporation Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Results
- Novozymes, Cargill continue bio-acrylic acid partnership as BASF exits
- Scientists set quantum speed limit