To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Abgenix Announces Initiation of Phase II Clinical Trial of ABX-EGF in Colorectal Cancer
Abgenix, Inc. (Nasdaq:ABGX - news) announced today the initiation of a Phase II clinical trial of ABX-EGF in patients with colorectal cancer. ABX-EGF is a fully human monoclonal antibody against the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr), a receptor identified in many solid tumor types. This clinical trial, the third Phase II study of ABX-EGF, is designed to assess the safety and efficacy of ABX-EGF as monotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who have previously failed chemotherapy. ABX-EGF is being developed in collaboration with Immunex Corporation.
This multi-center, open-label Phase II study will enroll up to 100 patients. Patients will receive intravenous infusions of 2.5 mg/kg of ABX-EGF weekly over an 8-week treatment cycle, for up to 6 cycles.
``We are pleased to advance our clinical oncology program with the start of this third Phase II trial for ABX-EGF,'' stated R. Scott Greer, chairman and chief executive officer of Abgenix. ``Our goal is to provide effective, antibody-based therapeutic options for cancer patients.''
Preliminary results of an ongoing Phase I clinical trial of ABX-EGF show that it is well tolerated and shows biological activity at low doses. Thus far, three patients in the Phase I study have achieved stable disease/minor response. Other Phase II studies of ABX-EGF in kidney cancer and non-small cell lung cancer are currently ongoing.
- clinical trials
- phase II studies
- metastatic colorect…
- lung cancer
- kidney cancer
- growth factors
- colorectal cancer
- 1Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 2New Fluka and Riedel-de Haën Catalog Features Over 1,500 New Products
- 3BASF: Fertilizer from Plastic Waste
- 4Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 5Dow Announces Shutdown of Union Carbide Manufacturing Facility in Bound Brook, New Jersey
- 6Ticona Introduces UHMW-PE MicroPowder Grades As Functional Additives for Paints, Plastics, Rubbers and Sealants
- 7GEA Heat Exchangers becomes Kelvion
- 8Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 9Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 10LANXESS completes acquisitions in India and China
- Scientists observe first signs of healing in the Antarctic ozone layer
- Researchers develop key power-splitting component for terahertz waves
- Ring of complex organic molecules around newborn star discovered
- Study shows trees with altered lignin are better for biofuels
- Shaping drops: Control over stiction and wetting