To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Tanaka Expands Fuel Cell Catalyst Production Capacity7x current capacity to meet future demand from China and Europe
The Tanaka Kikinzoku Group has announced a major expansion for its Fuel Cell (FC) Catalyst Development Center at the Shonan Plant in Kanagawa Prefecture, operated by subsidiary Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo, the manufacturing entity of the Group.
Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyoalready commands the top global share in the fuel cell catalyst market, but will increase production capacity 7-fold in the freshly enlarged FC Catalyst Development Center. Scheduled for completion on July 18, the new Center moves to full-scale operation in January 2019.
With an investment of 4 billion yen, the new buildings are adjacent to the existing 1,000 sq.m. Center, with some 3,000 new sq.m. for production facilities combined with new shipping and warehouse facilities. As a result, Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyowill be able to provide stable supplies of electrode catalyst in response to rising demand for precious metal electrode catalysts, having grown in tandem with expanding fuel cell markets and facilitating development of a hydrogen society.
- 1DeepMatter to acquire InfoChem GmbH from Springer Nature
- 2Melting ice sheets release tons of methane into the atmosphere
- 3Carrying and releasing nanoscale cargo with 'nanowrappers'
- 4Adapting natural membrane to make hydrogen fuel from water
- 5Physicists uncover new competing state of matter in superconducting material
- 6QSIL acquires materials specialist Barat Ceramics
- 7Imagine Chemistry 2019 launched
- 8Pocket-size food scanner
- 9Oxea Lifts Force Majeure in Oberhausen, Germany
- 10A catalytic flying carpet
- Oxea Lifts Force Majeure in Oberhausen, Germany
- BASF to expand capacity for methane sulfonic acid
- BASF invests in new mobile emissions catalysts production facility
- WACKER Strengthens Portfolio of Specialties by Expanding its Production Capa ...
- Umicore expands production capacity for fuel cell catalysts