To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
AkzoNobel further strengthens its global MCA position
08-02-2012: AkzoNobel takes two further steps in strengthening its global position in the market of monochloroacetic acid (MCA). Recently it has commissioned its expanded Delfzijl MCA facility in the Netherlands, which now has a capacity exceeding 100,000 MT/year. In parallel, AkzoNobel is to further increase MCA production capacity at its Taixing site in China to also reach a level of 100,000 MT/year.
“These investments demonstrate our strong commitment to AkzoNobel’s sustainable growth strategy and underpin our strong commitment to serving the growing global MCA markets,” says Jürgen Baune, general manager of AkzoNobel’s MCA business. “The additional capacity will be used to grow with our existing customer base and further strengthen the competitiveness of AkzoNobel to compete via its world scale integrated MCA platforms being the largest MCA facilities in the world. Our key focus will be to serve the increasing demand for high purity MCA in main end markets like agrochemicals, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC), surfactants and thioglycolic acid.”
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Oxea delivers first carboxylic acids produced at its new plant
- BASF strengthens its enzyme technology footprint
- Biesterfeld establishes branch office in Thailand
- LANXESS opens first production facility for high-performance bladders in Brazil
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...
- Dutch-based AkzoNobel management to be brought together in 2015
- X-ray nanoscopy of cobalt Fischer–Tropsch catalysts at work
- DNA-based asymmetric organometallic catalysis in water
- Studying the mechanism of water splitting on gold surfaces
- AkzoNobel increases prices for organic peroxides, azo initiators, as well as cobalt and amine accelerators