To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Indo-German research collaboration in the field of surface engineering and thin films officially started
23-11-2012: The Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films IST and the Indian Institute of Technology IIT in Indore, India intend to cooperate closely together in future in the field of surface engineering and thin films. On the occasion of the opening of the first Fraunhofer office in Bangalore, representatives of the two institutes signed a memorandum of understanding and thereby laid the foundations for joint research work. The automotive industry, and vehicle manufacturing in particular, is experiencing very rapid growth in India. German companies have already established themselves in this market. The aim of the collaboration between the Fraunhofer IST and the IIT Indore is to seek out joint solutions for future challenges in the field of mobility and thus to forge a bridge between Germany and India in this field of research as well. As part of these activities a new IIT Surface Engineering Institute is to be created at the IIT, an Indian university of excellence, with the Fraunhofer IST contributing its expertise to its conceptual basis, structure and start-up. In addition, joint research projects with industry, student exchanges and the implementation of master‘s degree programs in surface engineering are also planned for Indore. The IIT Indore is one of the universities of excellence which were founded in 2009 and is located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
The Fraunhofer IST is working closely with Indian partners in other fields as well. In one project IST researchers have supported the Asahi Glass India company in putting a new glass-coating installation into operation. They conducted in situ employee training, suggested coating systems, prepared prototypes, characterized the samples produced and provided assistance throughout.
The involvement of the Fraunhofer IST is backed up by the foreign strategy policy of the Fraunhofer Society. “In addition to collaboration with partners of scientific excellence our focus is on following our German and European customers to India. In this way we can continue to be available as competent partners for our industrial clients here, help their Indian suppliers reach the required level of quality and thus boost their competitiveness in the Indian market”, says Prof. Dr.-Ing. Reimund Neugebauer, President of the Fraunhofer Society.
As an industry-oriented R&D service center the Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films IST bundles skills and expertise in the fields of coating production, coating application, coating characterization and surface analysis. The aim is to provide the surfaces of the most diverse substrate materials with new or improved functions so as to create innovative products in line with market requirements. The Fraunhofer IST is one of the sixty institutes of the Fraunhofer Society, Europe‘s leading research organization, and with its 112 employees has an operating budget of 12.3 million euros.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- BGU and University of Michigan partner to develop renewable energy technologies
- Graphene appointed an EU Future Emerging Technology flagship
- Humboldt Foundation cooperates with Bayer Foundation
- Indo-German research collaboration in the field of surface engineering and t ...
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Immundiagnostik Collaborate To Develop Mass Spe ...
- Amberlyst-15 can act as a catalyst for the acylation of phenols and alcohols
- Carbon nanotubes give cancer drugs a boost
- Indo-German research collaboration in the field of surface engineering and thin films officially started
- BASF to launch fine chemical catalysts production line in Mangalore, India
- Ocean Optics Expands Indian Operations by Appointing India Sales Manager