To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
Jobin Yvon (Horiba Group) acquires Philips' Ellipsometry Business Unit
Royal Philips Electronics of The Netherlands and Jobin Yvon of France announce today that they have finalized an agreement for the transfer of the Ellipsometry business line of the former Philips Analytical business unit to Jobin Yvon. The transaction includes metrology tools such as the table top PZ laser ellipsometer, which Philips had previously acquired from Plasmos (Munich, Germany), and the PQ Ruby fully automatized 200mm wafers platform, to determine thickness of thin film.
Philips is pleased that a continuation of its activity is thus achieved and that service and support commitments to the installed base will be met.
Jobin Yvon complements its pioneering spectroscopic ellipsometer product line with an excellent laser technology and will benefit from the past five years of investment at Philips to develop the PZ/PQ tools.
HORIBA Scientific is the new global team created to better meet customers’ present and future needs by integrating the scientific market expertise and resources of HORIBA. HORIBA Scientific offerings encompass elemental analysis, fluorescence, forensics, GDS, ICP, particle characterization, ... more
HORIBA Jobin Yvon was founded nearly 190 years ago and is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of analytical and spectroscopic systems and components. We are part of the HORIBA group which has sales of $1,000 million and more than 4,700 employees worldwide. more
- 1When will graphene-based applications be available on the mass market?
- 2Producing hydrogen from water
- 3Innovative Battery Chemistry Revolutionises Zinc-Air Battery
- 4Superheroes, foods and apps bring a modern twist to the periodic table
- 5Catalyst transforms plastic waste to valuable ingredients at low temperature
- 6Linde to Build, Own and Operate World's Largest PEM Electrolyzer for Green Hydrogen
- 7Researchers create powerful unipolar carbon nanotube muscles
- 8As hard as a diamond and as deformable as metal
- 9Neither liquid nor solid
- 10First green hydrogen project becomes reality