To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
ETL Opening Ceremony
18-04-2012: Evonik Industries held its opening ceremony for Evonik Tianda (Liaoyang) Chemical Additive Co., Ltd. (ETL) in Liaoyang National Aromatic and Fine Chemical High-Tech Industrialization Zone (LAS). ETL, a joint venture between Evonik China and Tianda Electricla Company, moved to the North China multi-user-site (Northern MUSC) of Evonik in September 2010.
“Our investment in Liaoyang is a key aspect of our global growth strategy,” said Evonik Executive Board member Dr. Dahai Yu. “As a leading supplier of specialty chemicals, we focus on fast-growing megatrends such as health & nutrition, resource efficiency, and globalization as well as appealing markets of tomorrow.”
ETL produces triacetonamine derivatives (TAA derivatives), which are recognized as essential building blocks for the production of Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer (H.A.L.S.). These additives are used in low concentrations to protect and stabilize polymers against decomposition by light, oxygen and heat. The main applications are in the automotive and construction industries as well as agricultural films.
“We are targeting Asia's fast-growing markets,” explained Jan Van den Bergh, head of the Advanced Intermediates Business Unit. “We are focusing on China in particular. Our commitment to Liaoyang is another aspect of our growth strategy, which helps us to single-mindedly advance our business operations.”
Demand for TAA derivatives has kept rising for several years. The new plant will give the flexibility to cater for the market needs in China and offers reliability of supply.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 2Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 8Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 9Thermo Nicolet: New OMNIC® 6.0 Software Introduced
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan