Our production sites, R&D facilities and sales departments are organized in two subsidiaries. Ciba Holding Deutschland GmbH is serving as the parent organization of these subsidiaries. The holding including the Business Support Group supports the entities with administrative, financial and information technology services.
* Ciba creates effects to improve the quality of life.
* Our specialty chemicals, added in small quantities, improve existing or add new qualities to materials at every stage of their production processes.
* As well as products, we offer a wide range of knowledge-based services and expertise, providing customers with complete solutions to enhance their businesses.
* We serve several major markets including the Automotive, Packaging, Home & Personal Care, Paper and Printing, Construction, Electronics, Water Treatment and Agriculture industries.
* Ciba (SWX: CIBN) is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. We employ more than 13,000 people worldwide.
* In 2007, the Company generated sales of CHF 6.5 billion and invested CHF 262 million in R&D.
* We are organized in three market-focused segments: Plastic Additives, Coating Effects and Water & Paper Treatment.
* The company became independent in January 1997, having been formed from the specialty chemical operations of the former Ciba-Geigy Limited when that company merged with Sandoz Limited to form Novartis AG.
- Focus : Manufacturer