To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
Omya completes expansion of Orgon production plant
State-of-the-art facility for sustainable, high-quality mineral products
Omya has rebuilt and expanded its calcium carbonate production plant in Orgon, France, creating a substantially higher capacity for its functionalized calcium carbonate product platform, a new packaging line and an on-site warehouse. The modern facility produces the company’s mineral grades for food, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic applications in accordance with the most stringent sustainability and quality standards.
Omya manufactures its products from natural limestone sourced in the surrounds of Orgon, with a very low environmental footprint. In the plant, ultrapure calcium carbonate is functionalized by a patented, highly advanced process. The resulting mineral ingredients Omyapharm®, Omyafood™, Omyanutra®, Omyaforte™, Omyaskin® and Omyadent® offer multiple benefits for finished products, facilitate production processes and increase nutritional profiles.
Omyafood™, Omyanutra® and Omyaforte™ have all the necessary certifications to be used in calcium-fortified foods or dietary supplements. The personal care grades Omyaskin® and Omyadent® for skin care and toothpaste formulas are COSMOS approved and NATRUE certified. In addition, Omya has received certification declaring that the site in Orgon manufactures pharmaceutical excipients according to the EXCiPACT Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) – this is alongside the pre-existing Certificate of Suitability (CEP) for its active pharmaceutical ingredient Omyapure®. The plant also complies with the international quality, environmental, health and safety standards ISO 50001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, SMETA and OHSAS 18001.
To successfully operate the plant while preserving and protecting the delicate surroundings of the Alpilles natural park, Omya is considerate of the environment in all areas of its activity. With the help of local ecologists, the Orgon plant has initiated a recultivation plan to recreate areas where animals native to the area can thrive. In addition, the impact of quarry and plant activities on the wildlife are reduced to an absolute minimum and are closely monitored.
Stefan Lander, Vice President Consumer Goods, Group Sales & Marketing at Omya, explains: “Omya has a strong commitment to responsible practices and stringent sustainability. Wherever we operate, we take into account the sensitivities of local communities and environments. Conserving biodiversity is always part of our decision-making process, and the cornerstone of land restoration and water management policy. Orgon is a perfect example of our long-standing principles, and we are pleased to have this modern facility in our corporate network. The Orgon plant expansion is a major step for us, providing our customers with natural and highly functional minerals while maintaining a focus on economic and ecological efficiency.”
- calcium carbonate
- dietary supplements
- ISO 14001
- DIN EN ISO 9001
- 1When will graphene-based applications be available on the mass market?
- 2Producing hydrogen from water
- 3Innovative Battery Chemistry Revolutionises Zinc-Air Battery
- 4Superheroes, foods and apps bring a modern twist to the periodic table
- 5Catalyst transforms plastic waste to valuable ingredients at low temperature
- 6Linde to Build, Own and Operate World's Largest PEM Electrolyzer for Green Hydrogen
- 7Researchers create powerful unipolar carbon nanotube muscles
- 8As hard as a diamond and as deformable as metal
- 9Neither liquid nor solid
- 10First green hydrogen project becomes reality
- BASF strengthens innovation capabilities in Asia
- Merck hands over the distribution of the Surface Solutions Portfolio in the ...
- Clever solutions for label and packaging processes in highly regulated indus ...
- AkzoNobel is stirring things up again with second global startup challenge
- Merck Announces Investment of EUR 20 million to Expand its R&D and Manufactu ...