Ten start-ups have made it to the finals of the ACHEMA Start-Up Award. The range of technologies is as broad as the topical range of the process industry and covers sustainability analysis, Point of Care tests, electrosynthesis and antibody isolation as well as transport systems for oligonucleotides, a platform for chemical building blocks for “undruggable” diseases, artificial intelligence for process optimization, real-time analytics for chemical processes and predictive maintenance for pipe systems. At ACHEMA Pulse in June, the young companies will present their solutions to the global audience.
More than 30 start-ups had applied for the ACHEMA Start-Up Award. Based on their business plans, ten of them were selected that showed both a high degree of innovation and a very convincing business model. They will showcase their technologies to the global expert community at ACHEMA Pulse and in a pitch on 15 June 2021. An expert jury will select later in a special session the three winners of the competition. They will be announced at ACHEMA in April 2022 and receive 10,000 Euro prize money each.
And these are the finalists:
- Carbon Minds is a data analytics startup. It uses a proprietary digital model of the global chemicals and plastics industry to offer its clients transparency about environmental impacts in global supply chains.
- Cenios is focused on development of next generation of POCT-Kits (Point-of-Care-Teste) for absolute quantification of analytes. the kits will be used as an alternative methods for therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) and can significantly reduce the cost and time of clinical measurements.
- ESy-Labs GmbH is a pioneer in electrifying the chemical industry, developing processes for the electrosynthesis of organic chemicals based on high-throughput screening and artificial intelligence.
- Lumatix Biotech seeks to improve the availability and affordability of antibody products by developing a light-controlled affinity matrix as a superior alternative to Protein A chromatography.
- Phaidra creates AI-powered control systems for industrial processes. Its no-code software enables domain experts to specify which performance metrics they want to optimize, along with the operating parameters.
- PipePredict offers precise digital leakage localization, predictive maintenance and real-time monitoring of pipe networks by analyzing existing sensor data with a digital twin and AI algorithms.
- PRAMOMOLECULAR has developed a particularly simple technology with which therapeutic oligonucleotides such as siRNAs can be transported efficiently and tolerably into the target cell in order to silence disease-causing proteins in the lungs, heart or pancreas.
- Pro-AspectX is developing a plug and play, non-invasive sensor to improve chemical, biotechnological and life science processes to highest possible efficiency, simultaneously raising the process safety by a forecast of critical situations.
- PROSION develops a first-in-class approach to address so far undruggable pharmaceutical targets that are linked with various hard-to-treat diseases through a disruptive platform of chemical building blocks called ProMs.
- Semodia offers software solutions for the modularisation of the process industry, transferring the ""Plug-&Play""-principle of office hardware via module type packages into the process industry.
Entrepreneurial scientists, future founders and owners of start-ups were invited for the third time to apply for the ACHEMA Start-Up Award.