CI's new President Dr. Marijn Dekkers
The general assembly of the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI) in Frankfurt elected Dr. Marijn E. Dekkers as the VCI President. Dekkers is the Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayer AG, Leverkusen; he has been on the VCI’s Presidential Council since 2011. The term in office of the new President begins on 27 September 2014 and lasts for two years to the general assembly 2016, according to the statutes.
Following his election, Dekkers stated: “We need to become more innovative if the industry country Germany – and with it the chemical-pharmaceutical industry – want to continue being successful on the global markets. The capability to innovate is key to strengthening the competitiveness of this location. As an export-oriented country with few raw materials, Germany needs companies which steadily develop new products and place them on the market rapidly and successfully. More scope for research and fewer obstacles to innovation help achieve this goal. Therefore, I will advocate a joint innovation offensive of society, industry and politicians.”
The general assembly elected the following Vice-Presidents:
- Dr. Klaus Engel, Evonik Industries AG, Essen, and
- Dr. Karl-Ludwig Kley, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt.
Dr. Kurt Bock, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, is also Vice-President.
Other members of the Presidential Council
The general assembly also decided on the new composition of the VCI’s Presidential Council. Now the Presidential Council is composed of the following members:
- Professor Dr. Dr. Andreas Barner, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Ingelheim
- Dr. Wolfgang Büchele, Linde AG, Munich
- Dr. Henrik Follmann, Follmann & Co. GmbH & Co. KG, Minden
- Dipl.-Ing. Sabine Herold, DELO Industrie Klebstoffe GmbH & Co KGaA, Windach
- Dr. Willem Huisman, Dow Deutschland Inc., Eschborn
- Kasper Rorsted, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Düsseldorf
- Professor Dr. Rudolf Staudigl, Wacker Chemie AG, Munich
- Matthias Zachert, LANXESS AG, Cologne