To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Basell opens new office in India
21-02-2003: Basell today marked the launch of its new India representative office with a celebratory event at the Hotel Imperial in New Delhi. The event coincided with the PlastIndia 2003 Exhibition and Conference, India's largest plastics fair and one of the key worldwide plastics industry meetings.
Speaking to guests, including India's leading plastics manufacturers and members of the country's plastics trade organisations, Nello Pasquini, Basell's vice president, International R&D, said the new office in Mumbai "provides a direct interface between Basell and its customers in India. It will enable us to significantly enhance our customer and technical support. In tandem with our existing and successful advanced polyolefins compounding joint venture, Machino-Basell India Ltd., the new office strengthens Basell's commitment to India's fast-growing polyolefins markets."
Basell and its predecessor companies have been active in India for over 20 years, marketing products via commercial representatives. Now Basell is providing customers with direct access to its broad product portfolio, extensive manufacturing know-how and applications expertise through a team with strong knowledge of local market conditions. This combination of local hands-on technical support and Basell's supply capabilities will ensure customers' needs are met more effectively.
Basell's India representative office team is focusing on value-added applications for customers in India and the wider Asia-Pacific market. Team members include: Mehernosh Dordi, head of the India office; his assistant, Lakshman Iyer; Ritu Kohli-Nandedkar, responsible for advanced polyolefins -- films and fibers applications; Deepali Kelekar, responsible for PP and PE, and John Mathew, responsible for advanced polyolefins -industrial applications.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 2Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 8Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 9Thermo Nicolet: New OMNIC® 6.0 Software Introduced
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan