Learn more about the wide-spread use of thermal analysis applications in the chemical industry, comprising a group of techniques used to investigate the physical and chemical properties of a material.
Thermal analysis applications play an important part in the quality control and analysis of petrochemical compounds. METTLER TOLEDO's "Thermal Analysis of Petrochemicals" guide was designed to support thermal analysis users with useful examples of thermal analysis applications, pertinent to the petrochemical industry. The measurements provided here were performed on plastic materials, specifically, thermoplastics, thermosets and elastomers. These materials were investigated according to up-to-date knowledge of the main thermal analysis techniques — DSC, TGA, TMA and DMA.
Table of Contents
2. Characterization of petroleum products with DSC
3. Oxidative stability of petroleum oil fractions
4. Determination of the Noack evaporation loss of lubricants by TGA
5. Rapid thermogravimetric analysis of coal
6. Determination of oxidation stability by pressure-dependent OIT measurements
7. Soot analysis study of engine oil samples
8. Melting behavior of oil/wax mixtures
9. Standards for petrochemicals with respect to thermal analysis
10. More information
To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.