Material characterization in the chemical industry encompasses a group of thermal analysis techniques used to investigate the effects of heating or cooling on the physical and chemical properties of a sample. Explore the potential of these methods in our series of specialized guides.
METTLER TOLEDO's "Thermal Analysis of Chemicals" guide was designed to support thermal analysis users in the chemical industry with thermal analysis techniques, theory, and examples of the most relevant applications. The guide includes examples for how thermal analysis techniques can be used to:
- Evaluate chemical reactions for safety and scale-up
- Analyze chemical properties, such as thermal stability and ageing, kinetics, melting behavior, etc.
- Investigate crystallization processes, decompositions, sorption and more
1. What thermal analysis can do for chemicals
2. Applications and their thermal analysis techniques
3. Importance of ease of use for routine testing
5. Method development and validation
6. Instrument calibration and adjustment
7. A summary of thermal analysis techniques
8. Excellent crucibles and reference materials
9. GTAP™ – Good Thermal Analysis Practice™
10. More information
You may also be interested in these white papers
Analytical Solutions for Lithium-ion Battery Material Characterization
Lithium-ion battery researchers, formulators, and production specialists use thermal analysis, rheology, isothermal microcalorimetry, liquid chromato
Reliable laboratory solutions for the production of lithium-ion batteries
The most important quality parameters in battery production are explained in this brochure.
Essential Battery Slurry Characterization Techniques
The studies in this eBook will enable researchers to optimize their formulation and processing conditions for enhanced battery performance.
Guide to moisture analysis
This guide to moisture analysis assists you in determining reliably the moisture content with a halogen moisture analyzer.
How to ensure accurate weighing results every day?
Routine testing of balances and scales by the user is essential to uncover malfunctions early and eliminate inaccuracies.
Moisture Analyzer Routine Testing
Reliable moisture results depend on a variety of factors. One of them is the correct functioning of a measuring instrument.
Advancing Green and Sustainable Chemistry
Tools, trends and tactics to drive green and sustainable research in the chemical industry
An introduction to the agglomeration of the particle using Taylor Flow
Latest technology for the agglomeration; Taylor Reactor, utilizing the transit flow area between Laminar and Turbulence called ‘Taylor Flow’.