Currently, you are not logged in to my.chemeurope.com. Therefore, you can remember a maximum of 5 contents.
Ansell Limited acquires Comasec SAS
Ansell Limited announced the acquisition of Comasec SAS and its subsidiaries. Comasec is a privately owned French group with sales of around EUR100m (approximately A$120m), manufacturing operations in Portugal and Malaysia and over 1200 employees globally.
Comasec is a significant participant in the European Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Glove Market, and has a presence in North America. It specialises in gloves for chemical protection, food handling, cut protection, mechanical protection, dry box and thermal protection. Major brands are Comasec, Marigold, and Marigold Industrial.
Magnus Nicolin, Ansell’s CEO commented “From a strategic perspective, Comasec ticks all the boxes. Comasec’s gloves complement and extend Ansell’s Industrial and Specialty Markets product ranges, its brands and people are well regarded in Europe especially and its culture will fit well with Ansell’s. Clearly there are opportunities for cost synergies, but this acquisition, more than anything, helps us to strengthen our Industrial and Specialty Markets businesses. We expect solid growth synergies as our combined teams and improved offerings help us to better serve our customers”.
Closing is expected by October, subject to regulatory approvals. The (cash-free, debtfree) purchase price is EUR101.5m (A$118m) and is being funded out of Ansell’savailable cash and credit facilities. After expensing transaction and integration costs, itis expected to be slightly EPS accretive in F’13 and strongly accretive thereafter.
- protective gloves
- 1Newly developed hydrogel nanocomposite for the mass production of hydrogen
- 2Artificial photosynthesis for environmentally friendly food production
- 3New concept for lithium-air batteries
- 4New chemistry can extract virgin-grade materials from wind turbine blades in one process
- 5New catalyst transforms carbon dioxide into sustainable byproduct
- 6New theory explains superconductivity in spun graphene trilayers
- 7Researchers harvest abundant clean energy from thin air, 24/7
- 8New Start-up develops aquafarms for macroalgae
- 9An electric vehicle battery for all seasons
- 10Ammonia: efficient hydrogen carrier and green steel enabler
- Winners of the “Renewable Material of the Year 2023” Innovation Award
- POWTECH 2023: Visitors from all around the world look forward to a wide-rang ...
- OQ Chemicals Launches Cost-Cutting Program and Organizational Realignment in ...
- WACKER Completes Capacity Expansion for Dispersions and Powders in Nanjing
- Li-Cycle and Glencore Announce Plans for a Significant European Recycling Hub
- Weed killers of the future could soon be based on failed antibiotics
- ‘Electrifying’ achievement for making more sustainable polymers
- Enhancing water-splitting process for hydrogen production
- Breathing new life into tired drugs and agrochemicals
- 'Nano inks' could passively control temperature in buildings, cars