To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Shell completes purchase of Sunoco Puerto Rico refinery
HOUSTON: Shell Chemical Yabucoa, Inc announced today that it completed the purchase of theYabucoa, Puerto Rico refinery from Puerto Rico Sun Oil Company, LLC, on December 31, 2001. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The plant had been in shutdown mode since May 2001. The companies have been engaged in the process of restarting the plant, in a production configuration consistent with Shell Chemical Yabucoa, Inc's plans.
The 77,000-barrels a day refinery, which employs over 150 people, is located on 197 acres on the southeast coast of Puerto Rico. It began operations in 1971 and was primarily used to make lube oils. Shell Chemical Yabucoa, Inc will operate the facility so it can produce feedstock, which will be shipped by tanker to Shell's Deer Park,TX and Norco, LA chemical plants. The facility will also produce gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and residual fuels, which will primarily be used in Puerto Rico.
- Merck Launches Seed Fund for Startups in China
- LANXESS planning AI-assisted formulation development for Urethane Systems
- ADNOC, Adani, BASF and Borealis sign Memorandum of Understanding to further ...
- LyondellBasell Announces Construction of New Small-Scale Molecular Recycling ...
- Brenntag increases footprint in Brazil by acquiring Quimisa