hte – the high throughput
experimentation company, officially announced the acquisition of a
further building and additional space at its premises in Heidelberg.
The purchase contract for the acquisition of the former Leuchtstoffwerk GmbH
site, a luminescent material factory, was already signed in September 2010.
hte is hereby expanding its space from a current 17,000 m2 by an additional
4,500 m2. At the same time, the existing office, laboratory, and engineering
and construction space is being increased by 2,500 m2 to 7,100 m2.
The first buildings of the Leuchtstoffwerk GmbH were built in 1948 and had
been leased by Ciba Specialty Chemicals for the production of fluorescent
lamps and luminescent pigments. The buildings have thus been in use by
chemical companies ever since their construction.
An initial 30 employees from the departments of engineering and technology
development are intended to take up their work place in the new building as of
the third quarter of 2011. By early 2012 the relocation of both departments are
due to be completed. The vacated office space in hte’s main building will then
be converted into additional laboratory space.