To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
Polysius further strengthens their sinter and lime kiln business
Polysius AG in Beckum, Germany, entered into the field of high temperature kilns for producing sintered magnesia, dolomite and alumina, as well as multiple hearth furnaces for calcining fine-grained raw materials and slurries by the acquisition of Maerz Ofenbau AG, Zurich, Switzerland and RCE Industrieofenbau Engineering GmbH, Radenthein, Austria, at the beginning of 2006.
Over the years RCE has achieved an excellent reputation in the sinter industry and is today the clear technology and market leader in this sector, according to the company. In order to further strengthen this field of business and to focus on the technical development as well as expanding the use of these kiln types into various other applications in the minerals industry, this business unit will be concentrated at Polysius’ headquarters in Beckum, as from May 1, 2009.
Polysius’ designation of Maerz Ofenbau AG as the group’s center for all lime activities is rounded off by the concentration of RCE’s lime kiln range at Maerz’ headquarters in Zurich.
WE ARE DRIVEN BY FIRE. Back in the sixties our engineers built the first Maerz lime shaft kilns with a lot of passion, thus laying the foundation for our success. Thanks to numerous innovative milestones we were able to strengthen our position as world market leader. In so doing we demand t ... more
- 1When will graphene-based applications be available on the mass market?
- 2Producing hydrogen from water
- 3Innovative Battery Chemistry Revolutionises Zinc-Air Battery
- 4Superheroes, foods and apps bring a modern twist to the periodic table
- 5Catalyst transforms plastic waste to valuable ingredients at low temperature
- 6Linde to Build, Own and Operate World's Largest PEM Electrolyzer for Green Hydrogen
- 7Researchers create powerful unipolar carbon nanotube muscles
- 8As hard as a diamond and as deformable as metal
- 9Neither liquid nor solid
- 10First green hydrogen project becomes reality
- Bayer delivers robust performance despite pandemic
- HCS Group and Gevo sign strategic agreement to produce renewable low-carbon chemicals and Sustainable Aviation Fuel in Germany
- Oxidation processes in combustion engines and in the atmosphere take the same routes
- Did Darwinian evolution begin before life itself?
- First Tellurium-free thermoelectric modules for power generation for Low Temperatur Application