SNC-80 is an opioid analgesic drug used in scientific research. It was invented in 1994.
Additional recommended knowledge
SNC-80 was the first non-peptide drug developed that is a highly selective agonist for the δ-opioid receptor.
It has been shown to produce useful analgesic, antidepressant and anxiolytic effects in animal studies, but its usefulness is limited by producing convulsions at high doses, and so SNC-80 is not used medically, although it is a useful drug in scientific research.
- ^ Calderon SN, Coop A. SNC 80 and related delta opioid agonists. Current Pharmaceutical Design. 2004;10(7):733-42.
- ^ Calderon SN, Rothman RB, Porreca F, Flippen-Anderson JL, McNutt RW, Xu H, Smith LE, Bilsky EJ, Davis P, Rice KC. Probes for narcotic receptor mediated phenomena. 19. Synthesis of (+)-4-[(alpha R)-alpha-((2S,5R)-4-allyl-2,5-dimethyl-1-piperazinyl)-3- methoxybenzyl]-N,N-diethylbenzamide (SNC 80): a highly selective, nonpeptide delta opioid receptor agonist. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1994 Jul 8;37(14):2125-8.
- ^ Bilsky EJ, Calderon SN, Wang T, Bernstein RN, Davis P, Hruby VJ, McNutt RW, Rothman RB, Rice KC, Porreca F. SNC 80, a selective, nonpeptidic and systemically active opioid delta agonist. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 1995 Apr;273(1):359-66.
- ^ Knapp RJ, Santoro G, De Leon IA, Lee KB, Edsall SA, Waite S, Malatynska E, Varga E, Calderon SN, Rice KC, Rothman RB, Porreca F, Roeske WR, Yamamura HI. Structure-activity relationships for SNC80 and related compounds at cloned human delta and mu opioid receptors. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 1996 Jun;277(3):1284-91.
- ^ Gallantine EL, Meert TF. A comparison of the antinociceptive and adverse effects of the mu-opioid agonist morphine and the delta-opioid agonist SNC80. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology. 2005 Jul;97(1):39-51.
- ^ Jutkiewicz EM, Rice KC, Traynor JR, Woods JH. Separation of the convulsions and antidepressant-like effects produced by the delta-opioid agonist SNC80 in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berlin). 2005 Nov;182(4):588-96.
- ^ Perrine SA, Hoshaw BA, Unterwald EM. Delta opioid receptor ligands modulate anxiety-like behaviors in the rat. British Journal of Pharmacology. 2006 Apr;147(8):864-72.
- ^ Saitoh A, Kimura Y, Suzuki T, Kawai K, Nagase H, Kamei J. Potential anxiolytic and antidepressant-like activities of SNC80, a selective delta-opioid agonist, in behavioral models in rodents. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences. 2004 Jul;95(3):374-80.
- ^ Danielsson I, Gasior M, Stevenson GW, Folk JE, Rice KC, Negus SS. Electroencephalographic and convulsant effects of the delta opioid agonist SNC80 in rhesus monkeys. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behaviour. 2006 Oct;85(2):428-34.